PDA

View Full Version : How to launch Settings\Control panel\Display\Setting tab

TylerC
04-29-2002, 12:15 PM
I am trying to launch the Settings\Control panel\Display\Setting tab from a hot spot or bit map button.

The best I have been able to do is to launch cmd.exe with parameters to call the display (/C E:\Winnt\system32\desk.cpl) in Windows 2000. I need to do this for all Win 9x and NT related OS's.

Isn't there a more straight forward way so that the user does not have to see the command window?

In advance,
Thanks!

Chandy Navarata
04-30-2002, 12:29 AM
Hi Tyler,

You can use the View Internet URL action to launch the display control panel applet with the url <winsysdir>desk.cpl<winsysdir>.

Thanks

TylerC
04-30-2002, 03:12 PM
Hi Chandy,
Your suggestion works great with Win 2000 and XP systems setup up with internet connection BUT doesn't work (on two different machines) with Win 98 - it launches to the home page.

Any other suggestions that would work with Win 9x (95, 98, ME) OS's?

Ty

TylerC
05-02-2002, 01:56 PM
Chandy or Moderator,
I found that Launch Application, using <WinSysDir>control.exe<WinSysDir> for Win2000 and XP, using <WinDir>Control.exe<WinDir> for Win9x works and I don't have to deal with user's who don't have their Internet connection setup. :)

Now I am stumped. :confused:
Why do the colors or resolution NOT reset in the DemoShield 7 player after the colors or resolution are changed on the user's machine?

To repeat this, set your colors to 256 and your resolution to 640x480 (i know, prehistoric!) and launch a demo in the DS7 player. While it is paused, reset the color from 256 to 16 bit (or resolution from 640x480 to 800x600) and then restart the scene (not the demo).

The only way to get correct colors or resolution (that I have found) is to exit the demo and restart it, then every thing looks great.

Is there a way to re-start the demo from within the project that will accomplish the same results as shutting down the player and re-starting it? I have tried re-starting the scene. Another attempt was to start at the previous scene, that didn't work either. A copy of the test demo is attached.

Thanks again,
Ty

Chandy Navarata
05-03-2002, 12:37 PM
Hi Tyler,

You can re-launch the current demo using the Launch Demo Action. With this action, you can even specify a different scene name that you wish to launch the demo into. This will overrride the initial scene property that you have set in your demo.