PDA

View Full Version : stop avi in full screen mode

cpfeil
04-23-2002, 11:58 AM
hi,

i start a avi with streaming media in full-screen-mode.

the file ist long. how can i stop the video during playing?

thanks

christopher

Shawna
04-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Christopher,

If you want the user to be able to stop the video by clicking a button, you can place a button on the Scene and use the Set Streaming Media State Action. The Set Streaming Media State Action can be used to Play, Pause, Resume, Stop, Rewind, or Fast-Forward a Streaming Media Object.

cpfeil
04-23-2002, 12:54 PM
hi,

i know that i can stop the video bei stop action.

the video play in full-screen mode.
how can i set a button over the video?

thanks
christopher

Shawna
04-23-2002, 02:46 PM
Christopher,

What you can do is place a hotspot on the Scene and then assign the actions to the Key Press event. With the Key Press event, you can assign a key that will trigger the action. So you can have the user hit the "P" key to pause the video, "S" to stop, etc.

cpfeil
04-24-2002, 03:09 AM
hi,

the hotspot key event does not fire in full screen video mode.

christopher

Shawna
04-24-2002, 08:47 AM
Christopher,

I looked into this further and it seems that when you run a video using the Full Screen option, the demo loses focus and the video gains focus and therefore the hotspot actions are not working. I have two alternative suggestions for playing your video.

First, you can use the Launch Associated Application Action to launch the video. This will not play the video through the demo, but instead use the default player that the user has on thier machine, like Windows Media Player. This will have controls for the user to control playback. The only drawback to this would be that the player may not resize itself to the size of the video, so part of the video may be cut off. You can look into Windows Media Player options to see if there is a parameter that you can pass that will launch the player in full screen mode.

Second, you can increase the size of your demo to the demensions of your video, and then play your video in Normal mode instead of Full Screen. If you use Normal playback, then the hotspots will work.