PDA

View Full Version : Excel calculator

Jean Richards
04-19-2002, 11:12 AM
I've created a calculator in Excel that helps prospective customers determine their ROI when using our software. I would like to include it as part of our sales demo, but have no experience doing this. I've read about launching applications etc, but remain confused. What is the simplest and most reliable way to do this? Thanks for your help.

:confused:

KimberlyH
04-19-2002, 01:19 PM
The easiest way to launch your excel application from your demo would be to do the following:

First, save the excel file on your system.

Next, go into the Files tab of the Resource Manager for your demo.

Make sure the Import by Reference checkbox is NOT selected.

Import the excel file into the Files tab.

Close out of the Resource Manager.

Next, create a button in your scene that the user will click on to launch the excel file.

Open the properties of the Button Object and go to the Actions tab.

Select the Left-Clicks Mouse Up event and then click on the New button to activate the Action Wizard.

Select the Launch Associated Application action and then click Next. (note: the Launch Associated Application action will associate the file extension of the resource being launched - similar to double-clicking the file to open it).

You will need to enter a path to the file being launched. Since the file is embedded in the Resource Manager, DemoShield will load the resource to the user's Temp directory upon launching the demo. Therefore, the path specified should look something like this:

<temp>filename.xls<temp>

Finish the action and then save your demo.

I hope this helps.