PDA

View Full Version : Automations

Brandi
04-18-2002, 03:04 PM
HELP?!?!

I have several automations that I want to trigger on user mouse click.

For example - user clicks on a specific hot spot - the appropriate automation launches.

I find two probelms -
1-the automation doesn't seem to have a way to hold for user interaction (wants a specific start time in the demo)
2-I can't find a way to set the hot spot to start the automation.

I'm afraid you're going to tell me I'm SOL, but I was hoping there was a work around.

Thanks!
Brandi

Shawna
04-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Brandi,

You actually have a couple of different choices you can use.

The first is to put the Automation near the end of the Scene, and then, before the Automation starts, put in an Event Object that pauses the Scene. Then, when the user clicks the button, do a Go to Start Time of Object Action of the Automation. If you do this, you will need to make sure that you have enough time between the start time of the automation and the end of the Scene. For example, say your Scene is 60 seconds and your automation is 10 seconds. You will have to put the automation to start at or before 50 seconds. If you put the automation at 55 seconds, only the first 5 seconds will play before it gets to the end of the scene time and will then stop

The other option is to put the Automation on thier own Scenes, and have the button perform a Go to Scene Action that takes the user to the Scene that plays the automation. If you want to return to the original Scene with the button, you can make the Scene only as long as the Automation and then put the transition type as Go to Scene that goes back to the first Scene.

I have made two sample demos that show how to do this that I have zipped up and attached here.

I hope this helps.

Brandi
04-18-2002, 03:43 PM
The separate scenes will be perfect!

Thank you thank you thank you!