PDA

View Full Version : running launch application

chrislynn5
04-17-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm trying to, based on a event object, delete/erase a file on the hard drive. I have tried to:
1. Launch Application, using 'erase' as application, and 'c:\(file path and name)' on command line.
2. Launch Application, using 'erase c:\(file path and name)' as application.

neither seem to work in demo shield demo, but on the command prompt this command works.

Help.......

thanx.:eek:

Voigti
04-18-2002, 07:53 AM
Try it with 2 backslashs in your app path.

C:\\directory\\subdirectory

Should work.

Voigti

KimberlyH
04-18-2002, 03:17 PM
DemoShield will not be able to remove a file from the user's system by typing in "erase" in a Launch Application action. Instead, I would recommend writing a batch file that would erase the desired file. Then, you can launch this from your demo instead.

chrislynn5
04-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Thanx, I've done that but the only problem is that the function is a 'disable at startup' user option. If they check it and the state becomes '1' then the bat file runs and everything is fine. Then next time the user runs the demo the batch file will try to re-run which is not big deal except that it really doens't need to. I use 'pressed event true then run bat file' event.

Any suggestions.

Also, the state that is kept by for the checkbox, where is it stored. Can you give me the file name so I can delete it if neccessary?:rolleyes: