PDA

View Full Version : Run-time error '-2147319765 (8002802b)' Automation error Element not found

jakedog
04-17-2002, 03:56 PM
Hi group,

Have a customer using XP that is receiving the above message when attempting to run our software. this error only occurred after installing some other software, prior to that it was working fine.
Short of sitting down in front of their computer and going through all the dlls to see which one was changed, any ideas?
Any thoughts on whether or not upgrading to 3.5.3 (presently using 3.03) will take care of this problem?

Thanks

Mike

Neeru
04-30-2002, 02:15 PM
Hi Mike,

Does this error occur while running your setup or while running the application itself? If the error occurs when running the application, then it means that one or more of your application files have been updated. You may want to check and see what files got updated on the machine that are pertaining to your application. You can try uninstalling your setup and reinstalling, however that may not necessarily fix the issue as a file may have been updated to a version later than the one in your setup.

Thanks,
Neeru

jakedog
05-01-2002, 07:48 AM
Neeru,

Thanks. I updated to 3.53 and after they re-installed, it is working fine.

I thought dll files were all backwardly compatible, but going over the Microsoft site, I found that it is mostly true, but not necessarily the case.

I still don't see why the above would fix the problem, since I did not recompile the application, just rebuilt the setup.

Thanks

Mike