PDA

View Full Version : ICE03 Error on _Validation table

KathyMorey
04-15-2002, 10:17 AM
Using IS Dev 7.02 with a Standard project

I'm currently involved in doing a "proof of concept" before we move our product suite from IS6 Pro to IS7 Dev, so I built a very simplified version of our install with only a few files. I then recompiled a couple of them with a new version number and created a new release, overriding the package code and version number, and created a patch. Finally, I recompiled them again with a new version number and created a third release, overriding the version number, package code and product code to create a major upgrade.

Now when I rebuild my first release and validate it, I'm getting an ICE03 error in the _Validation table about missing specifications. It references a column in the Patch table. Since I can't get to the _Validation table through the Direct Editor, and since there are no entries in my Patch table, I'm stumped. How can I correct this? Or can I safely ignore it?

Thanks for your help.

Kathy

aventi
04-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Have you tried Orca? You can access the _Validation table with this editor. You can also run the ICE Validations in it.

KathyMorey
04-15-2002, 01:15 PM
No I haven't, but I guess I'll break down and download the SDK so I can do that in the future.

Fortunately, when I added some more components to the project and rebuilt the first release level and then validated it, the ICE03 errors didn't show up. I'm wondering if it was something in the rebuild that didn't actually rebuild that caused the original error...

Thanks, though.

Kathy