PDA

View Full Version : Enable Back Button in SdWelcome

alatten
04-15-2002, 04:47 AM
Hi,

I want to enable the Back-Button in SdWelcome Dialog of a standard-setup (German ISDev 7.01). In fact, it should be used as a possible choice for a 1-click installation, instead of going back.
But neither setting the dialog property 'Activate' to TRUE, nor including the line 'Enable(BACKBUTTON);' before calling SdWelcome in the script works. When running the setup I see my modified Text, but the Button remains disabled.

Is there any solution, or is it necessary to create an own dialog?

Thanx and regards,
Andrees

Happy Days
04-15-2002, 09:09 AM
Hi,

you cannot enable it. You have to modify it thru VC++ or create a new dialog of your own.

Please let me know if you have any specific requirement for doing this ?

alatten
04-15-2002, 09:34 AM
That's what I feared...

The only thing I want to have on my first screen is a button with the text '1-Click-Installation', giving a return code to my script, which I could use to omit all the following dialogs and to do an installation with default values.

Andrees

Happy Days
04-15-2002, 09:47 AM
Hello,

It seems that you want to first present the dialog that ask if you want to do 1-click installation OR want to go with full dialogs.

If this is the case, then you can use the function AskYesNo before the SdWelcome dialog and check if silent is needed or with Dialogs?

If not the above case..hummmmm...let me know??

alatten
04-15-2002, 10:14 AM
OK, the AskYesNo Dialog would work, but my target-user-group for this 1-Click-Install isn't familiar with PCs. So I wouldn't like to have little grey boxes with difficult yes/no decisions for them. I really would prefer to have this button on a friendly, big dialog, with our logo at the left side and the minimum necessary explanations in the middle.
But this sounds like creating an enhanced version of SdWelcome on my own...

Thanx,
Andrees

Happy Days
04-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Hello Dr.,

If you wish to modify the dialog for images etc., then you can use DialogSetInfo function for that.

Otherwise, if you wish to use the HTM page to decide the type of installation needed, then you can also do that. If you want that, mail me.

If this is not the case, do post it here.

Thanx.

moonsea
04-15-2002, 02:04 PM
InstallDialogue would let you set the back button to be active in run-time. No neeed for editing any resources at all.
Just add some script calls.
You can find more information about InstallDialogue at http://moonsea.com
Please send an email to support@moonsea.com and we can help you out with some sample code to start off with.

alatten
04-17-2002, 02:53 AM
Hi everybody who tried to help me!

Life can be so easy, if you know the solution...

After reading another Thread, I realized that the scripts, controlling behaviour of standard dialogs, are available in source code. So I found Sdwel.rul in <InstallShieldDir>\Developer\script\isrt\src.
I imported it to my project, included the line
#include "Sdwel.rul";
to the end of my setup.rul and modified the imported function SdWelcome, i.e. commented the line disabling the BackButton...
Works fine, and especially I found a big pool where I can learn a lot about dialogues.

Regards,
Andrees

moonsea
04-17-2002, 02:57 AM
I didn't realize that the scripts were available in IS Dev 7.
THey were present in IS 5 but were taken away in IS 6.
Strange that they haven't been added to IS 6, now that they are present in IS 7.

Happy Days
04-17-2002, 05:45 AM
Hi Andrees,

Good research......congs for making ur life easy by urself...

and thanx too for the information. :)