PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall can not remove folders and files

byuan1
04-13-2002, 07:26 PM
Hi,everyone

Uninstall can not remove some folders and files even if they are created by InstallShield. But I can remove them manually from Windows Explorer. so I bet these files and folders should not be locked by some application. Calling DeleteDir(INSTALLDIR,ALLCONTENTS) does not work fine , ComponentRemoveAll function has been called prior to it. should I call FeaturesRemoveAll instead of it? ( my setup installs some windows services based on Micrsoft.NET and creates some virtual directories ) I appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance

mtupps
04-15-2002, 08:30 AM
Hello

Are any of the files in those folders "read-only"? Are they currently being used by something else, such as a service?

Just a thought
Marie

byuan1
04-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mtupps
Hello

Are any of the files in those folders "read-only"? Are they currently being used by something else, such as a service?

Just a thought
Marie

Only a file default.asp and [INSTALLDIR]\Common folder are not removed. I check that file is not read-only file. All windows services i installed stop and unregistrered prior to ComponentRemoveAll.

thanks your advice

byuan1
04-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by byuan1

Only a file default.asp and [INSTALLDIR]\Common folder are not removed. I check that file is not read-only file. All windows services i installed stop and unregistrered prior to ComponentRemoveAll.

thanks your advice

I use it as a key file, the file can be deleted. but Common folder can not be removed even if it is empty folder. that is so weird.