PDA

View Full Version : Install Script Function Descriptions

wmahaffey
04-12-2002, 05:59 PM
I have searched the help files and my documentation looking for a reference section on the Install Script functions such as OnUninstalled. Where do I find the description of these functions that describe their programming interface?

Thanks,

William

Happy Days
04-13-2002, 03:12 AM
Hi,

When you click on the Help Menu, you will see 'Help Library' as a second option. This library contains all the help for the Install Script.

Hope you get that..... :)

wmahaffey
04-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Thank you very much and I understand. Where can I find a little more information about the event handler functions.

Thanks,

William

akaStacy
04-15-2002, 07:35 AM
The event handler description in the Help library, mentioned by Happy Days seems pretty complete... Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

wmahaffey
04-15-2002, 09:27 AM
I guess my mind was just not working when I posted this question. I have taken another look at the documentation and the Script that is automatically placed in the project and I think I now understand how those functions work. I did not understand the list of local variables that are declared after the function declaration:

function OnMaintUIBefore()
NUMBER nResult, nType;
STRING szTitle, szMsg, svDir, svResult, szCaption;
begin

such as NUMBER nResult, etc. I was thinking they were parameters passed to the function. Thanks so very much for your help.

William