PDA

View Full Version : Display Custom Dialog in User Interface Sequence

jbayog
04-12-2002, 04:48 PM
Hello

I would like to display a custom dialog in the User Interface sequence. I have a Standard Setup Project. I know how to display it in the OnFirstUIBefore Event which is not called until the beginning of the Execute sequence. I think I read that somewhere. I need to display the dialog before the CostFinalize Standard Action in the user interface sequence.

I've edited my custom dialog. And then I go to my User Interface sequence and insert the dialog between ResolveSource and CostFinalize. However, it is not displayed when I run the setup. Do I have to create a function in my installscript and call the ezdefinedialog and waitdialog functions. If so, what do I call this function? Do I have to create a "Run InstallScript" custom action and call that from the User Interface sequence instead of selecting the dialog itself?

Thanks,
Joanne

Happy Days
04-13-2002, 03:24 AM
Hello,

Yes you first have to write the code for that dialog and call that from the Custom Action. That CA has to be placed in the User Interface sequence.

If this does not help......let me know

Thanx

jbayog
04-15-2002, 09:29 AM
I tried that and it still didn't work. In the InstallShield help it states, "Note that you cannot call an entry-point function in the User Interface sequence for a Standard setup project." Why can't you? I need to determine things before the CostFinalize so that I can set features appropriately. According to documentation, I have to do this before CostFinalize in the user interface sequence.

Happy Days
04-15-2002, 09:37 AM
Hi,

Oh yes, this is a problem since the script engine is not launched at this time.

Instead of trying the function in OnFirstUIBefore, why do not you place it in the OnBegin function.

If you do NOT want to run it under the maintenance mode, wrap it under the if-endif condition in the following manner:

if !MAINTENANCE then
//your code here
endif;

Thanx.

jbayog
04-15-2002, 10:33 AM
Hi

I know from the documentation that shortly after the setup is loaded the begin event is generated which then triggers the OnBegin event handler. Does this happen in the user interface, execute, or both sequences?

Thanks,
Joanne

Happy Days
04-15-2002, 11:07 AM
Hummmmmm....,

I think it will be executed under the Execute Sequence because in the UI sequence, the script engine is not launched.