PDA

View Full Version : help on patch

gtadi123
04-12-2002, 02:19 PM
hi,
I'm unable to create a patch.
My process went like this-----------------
1. I created one project "A" with some tasks like launching 3rd party apps.
2.I saved the above project as "B"
3.In B project under General info./summary Info.stram/ I changed the pacage code
4. Through release wizard I created another release where called the windows installer pakage created in the proj A
5.After that I created patch using wizard. In that I used old windows MSI file and newly created MSI file
5. I couldn't find .MSP file anywhere in my system which shows patch output init.
6. moreover in the log file I could see the mesage saying that" Patch API could not create a small patch; using whole upgraded file."

Thanks,
gtadi

Joshua
04-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Gtadi,

That message in the log file doesn't mean that the patch was not created. It simply means it couldn't add only the part of the file that changed, so it was adding the entire file to your patch.

I would recommend running the Patch Wizard again and pay close attention to where the MSP file is being created. It will tell you in the Wizard where it will be.

I hope this helps!

gtadi123
04-12-2002, 02:39 PM
hi
thanks for the immediate response. I was wondering in the patch wizard, should I use the Old Msi file in Proj A? (or) There are
2 releases in the proj B one release is pointing to Proj A Msi file and another release pointing to newly built mSI file.

Which I've to use?

Thanks,
gtadi