PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall leaving files Developer 7.02

wmahaffey
04-12-2002, 12:45 PM
I recently built an setup for a product and tried to add it to tucows.com. My program was rejected because the uninstall did not remove all traces of itself from the users machine. What I have discovered is that my application creates files as it runs and the uninstall portion of my setup program will not remove these files. It also leaves the directory structure in place. I have been unable to find information on how to force the uninstall to remove all files and directories. All help will be appreciated.

Joshua
04-12-2002, 02:13 PM
If you're launching a 3rd party application during the install that creates files of it's own, these files will not be removed during uninstallation. InstallShield can only keep track of the files that it installs.

If you know ahead of time what files will be created and where they will be located, you can use the DeleteFile or DeleteDir InstallScript functions during the uninstall to manually remove these files.

I hope this helps!

wmahaffey
04-12-2002, 02:54 PM
Joshua,

That helps a bunch. Would I delete the files/folders in the OnUninstalling, OnUninstall or OnUninstalled function?

Thanks,

William

Happy Days
04-13-2002, 03:38 AM
Hello,

Its preferred to call these functions in the OnMaintUIAfter function after the call to the function FeatureRemoveAll().

:)

wmahaffey
04-13-2002, 07:01 AM
Thank you so very much for the help.

William