PDA

View Full Version : Patch warning (12)

MarioC
04-12-2002, 03:44 AM
Hi again,

I have components with helpfiles(with dynamic links). Each component includes the files for a specific language. As the filename for the other languages is the same, I place them in separate subfolders on the medium. The destination of the components has a default value, set at build time, but I change this at runtime, depending on the choice of the customer.

When creating an incremental patch I get this:

WARNING (12): SubFolder mismatch between Upgraded ('SourceDir\.:PROGRA~1|program files\Quadrat\.\Programs\NEDERL~1|Nederlands:NEDERL~1|Nederlands\') and Target ('SourceDir\.:PROGRA~1|program files\Quadrat\.\Programs\francais:francais\') Images means old files may be orphaned. File Table Key: HelpUse.chm3
The help components did not change between the two versions.
Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

klacounte
04-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Did you specify the previous .msi file in the "Previous Package" property of the build configuration? This might fix your other post as well.

MarioC
04-12-2002, 09:17 AM
No, I did not...
But I'll try and I hope this solves all these problems.

If it does, it would be a major breakthrough in my patching experiments.

Thanks

MarioC
04-15-2002, 08:48 AM
It didn't work. I still got as many of the same warnings.

Thanks anyway

BigAlbert
10-07-2002, 03:04 AM
Hi there ::

Even tough your post was ages ago ... I'm dealing now with the same probelm .

Did you succeeded to solve this probelem ?? if not how did you passed it ??

progdude
10-07-2002, 11:06 AM
I also got the same warning 12. Possible solution.
Make sure the source install type is the same as the install type you are using for the patch.

I think the problem is how it extracts files from the .msi. Since it does this for both the previous build and the new one, and you are using long file names, the short file names (~) may not match.

In my case I got it because my previous was a type cdrom and I was trying to use the uncompressed type for the update to save a step. Once I used cdrom for the update and had the wizard extract it the same way as the previous, it worked and no more warning 12.