PDA

View Full Version : INSTALLDIR incorrect

aditko
04-11-2002, 02:01 PM
I have set my INSTALLDIR to the ProgramFiles\MYComapany\MyProduct as in the past.
The install put the files in the right place until today when the installdir (unchanged by me) always goes to the temp directory. Installation doesn't complete. Stepping through the install script on Before, the variable INSTALLDIR is wrong.
Does anybody have any idea what has gone wrong???
Any ideas will be appreciated!!

Joshua
04-11-2002, 03:52 PM
Have you changed the default value of INSTALLDIR? This can be set under Step 1- General Information. If not, has anything else been changed lately?

Regards,

Joshua
InstallShield

aditko
04-12-2002, 07:07 AM
I checked the default value in the section for project properties and I also checked the directory table for the value in the table. Both are correct. I checked that before posting my first question.
I did add more script (on moved) but did not write anything there that would change the INSTALLDIR setting. Besides, one of the first lines of my install script is szDir = INSTALLDIR for the AskDestDialog. The initial value of INSTALLDIR is the temp directory under MyDocuments. Nothing appears in the dialog. What is so puzzling is that the program was working. I did some install and uninstall as I added complexity to the project in steps. I also installed the prior version of the product to check the behavior for upgrades.
Are there any msi or IS entries somewhere that should be cleared out? This is a basic project.

aditko
04-12-2002, 08:16 AM
Several reboots, a save as and rebuilding a different release solved the problem.