PDA

View Full Version : Merge module path for IsCmdBld

matskj
04-11-2002, 03:38 AM
I'm using IsCmdBld for doing automatic, scripted builds. This is part of a larger picture, with complete builds starting with source code, compiling and then building an installer. It is desirable that this process should be able to run for different builds simultaneously. The problem with this is that we also use custom merge modules, which could potentially be of different versions for different builds, and there seems to be no way to specify the path IsCmdBld should use when searching for modules. Instead, two registry keys are used - on under HKLM and one under HKCU. Since all builds are run using the same user, the exact same module path will be used for all builds, which leads to some problems.

Is there a way around this that I've missed? I know that the automation interface can be used to add and remove merge modules to a project, so potentially I could write some more script to specify exactly which merge modules should be used, but I'd rather avoid that if possible.

Anyone have any thoughts? Oh, and if any IS people are reading this and the answer is "No, there is no way to do this using IsCmdBld", would you consider this a request for the next version?

/ Mats