PDA

View Full Version : Major Upgrade: Error applying transforms

msiemsen
04-10-2002, 06:17 PM
InstallShield Developer 7.02, Standard Project, Multiple languages.

I followed the instructions in the InstallShield Help Library, "Major Upgrades for Basic MSI and Standard Projects" to build a major upgrade. When I install it on top of an older version, I got the following error from the InstallShield Wizard early on during "Preparing to install":

Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. C:\Documents and Settings\ administrator\ Application Data\ Microsoft\ Installer\ {BE01...113}\1033.MST.

Note: I shortened the GUID and added spaces after \'s for formatting. I verified the path shown and file 1033.MST exist.

What does this mean and, more importantly, how can I fix it?

I searched the news group and found many people with this error; but not much in the way of answers.

Thanks.

msiemsen
04-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Great.

The changes I've made to try to get major upgrade working have now also totally killed uninstall. If I install on a fresh system, and try to uninstall now, it doesn't remove files, or desktop shortucts, or the entry in Add/Remove Programs. No errors; just no action.

Me, or ISD, have really screwed this project up.

Anupama
06-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Hi msiemsen,

I am facing the same issue with Developer 7.03. My patch works on English system, but is failing on French and Chinese with the exact same error.

Were you able to find a workaround for this error? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Anupama

msiemsen
06-05-2003, 02:37 PM
Hello,

I didn't find a quick fix for this back then.

I had been working with old 7.01 setups Developer converted to 7.02.

I eventually just deleted all my old setups and rebuilt them all from scratch in 7.02 and didn't have the problem again.