PDA

View Full Version : Please remove disk before reboot.

Ross B.
04-10-2002, 12:32 PM
Install - When installing Practice 5.1 to XP #7, at the end of the install, it states to remove the disk and then click Finish to restart your computer. After doing so, I received errors that no disc was in the drive, and please insert. Once I inserted the CD, it said the wrong volume was in the drive, and then "dwin.exe-DLL Initialization Failed. The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down."

I have an install with a sdFinsihReboot dialog. The last message at the bottom of the dialog says "Remove cd-rom and click finish to reboot". However if I follow instructions on this dialog, by removing the cd-rom then clicking finish I get the "no disk in drive error", when setup attempts to power down.

IDriver.exe and Setup.exe are still loaded at this point so I would assume this message should exclude the phrase "please remove cd-rom and click finish". I can see no way to keep this message from displaying on the dialog. Does anyone know why setup needs cd-rom after finish dialoge.

akaStacy
04-11-2002, 08:29 AM
I assume you have a Standard project... What's wrong with passing your own text to display on SdFinishReboot?

szMsg = "DO NOT REMOVE THE CD!!!";

SdFinishReboot ( "", "", SYS_BOOTMACHINE, szMsg, 0);