PDA

View Full Version : Can't add new version of a merge module

JMBeyer
04-10-2002, 11:38 AM
My project includes the merge modules for SOAP: soap_core_msm (version 707 dated 7/12/01) and its dependency file isapi_files.msm (version 623 dated 7/12/01). This version of SOAP is apparently not working properly (according to my testers) so I am attempting to use a different version of these merge modules that another developer on my team uses that works fine. Those are dated 6/21/01.

The problem is that I can't get the 6/21 dated versions of these merge modules to show up in the list of merge modules so that I can select them for inclusion in my project.

I put copies of these files in the merge module directory listed under Files / Tools / File Locations in InstallShield Developer. According to the help file, to add a merge module, this is all I need to do. Then exit and restart InstallShield Developer, which I did.

In essence, I'm simply trying to get InstallShield Developer to recognize a different version of these merge modules.

What am I doing wrong? This should be a simple task!

JMBeyer
04-10-2002, 01:53 PM
Figured it out. I needed to remove the old versions of the .msm files from the directory. Then it found the new ones.

However the SOAP merge modules just don't seem to work. When I include them, none of the SOAP DLLs get installed.

TomClement
06-05-2002, 05:29 PM
We are also having this problem. Even though we are including both of the SOAP (and ISAPI) merge module, they are not installed on the target machine. They are included in the data1.cab file, but for some reason are not being installed. They are associated with a feature that is definately being installed.

Any ideas?

trotsky
06-06-2002, 05:53 AM
I had no success with using these Merge Modules at all and ended up adding the files after extracting them from the merge module (you also have to "hide" the merge module in another folder or Developer tries to use it)

If you do this you have to add the XML 3 merge module as it is a dependancy of SOAP

Peerke
06-06-2002, 09:11 AM
Are the merge modules attached to (non-empty) features that get installed?

Regards,

Peerke

TomClement
06-06-2002, 10:25 AM
In our case, they are definately associatiated with a non-empty feature that is being installed. Because of the shortness of time, we've removed them from the installer and made them a platform requirement. (Ugh).