PDA

View Full Version : Ensuring CD-ROM not needed for Repair/Remove

Ross B.
04-10-2002, 09:21 AM
How can I ensure that a CD-ROM is not needed for Repair/Remove. I want so much for my IS7.02 standard project to behave like IS6 Pro, where the source media was copied to the local station and the CD-ROM never asked for. I did a test, I copied the 3 standard project files : *.MSI,*.CAB,*.EXE to a local drive and Installed, I then renamed the directory where the install was launched from, then ran uninstall- a series of errors followed saying the source media could not be found.

How does the installer use the registry key value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<GUID>\InstallSource

How can I make the installer always copy the source to the local machine, and run repair/remove from there.

Ross B.
04-10-2002, 10:46 AM
In one of the installs I include the BDE_ENT merge module - downloaded from Borland's website. I built a sample project with the BDE and I also built a sample project without the BDE. The project which includes the BDE asks for the CD-ROM, however the message is very confusing...

I installed the test install with the BDE then went to uninstall. Before the maintence screen appeared I got a 1706 error, then the maintence screen displyed. I clicked uninstall and did not recieve error, however the only file that got removed was the test file, the BDE was not touched.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that can control this behavoir from within the main setup.

Thanks,
Ross