PDA

View Full Version : Picture Slideshow revisited!

afterman
04-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Kim,

In late December of last year you were helpful to us in regards to a picture slideshow. You created a simple 15 image slideshow that was user selectable for moving forward and backward. We thought this demo was exactly what we needed, BUT have come up with a problem that I can't seem to figure out.

When the demo we have created starts up, we have a streaming media audio music file playing in the background. It is a classical piano piece that we want to play during the demo project. Unfortunately every time a user moves forward or backwards in the demo, it also controls the audio clip since we are dealing with jumpmarks on the timeline.

We thought we would try to have two demos play, with one being set on top at all time, but we wanted the user to be able to pause/continue the audio on the demo as well. If the first demo starts the music, the second demo displays the slideshow and stays on top, then any audio controls on the second demo will not affect or control the first demo.

Do you have any suggestions?

Andrew

afterman
04-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Kim,

I have been able to start and loop an mp3 file using an event to start a sound.

As you will see in this upload project, the mouseovers are not working correctly. If I can get the mouseovers to work properly, I will have the project working correctly.

Could you look at the attached project and let me know your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

afterman
04-18-2002, 08:12 AM
Kim / Shawna,

I posted an issue on the 9th of April and still have not received a reply. Have you had a moment to review my attached file?

Thanks,

Afterman

Shawna
04-18-2002, 09:53 AM
Peter,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I took a look at your demo and the problem with the mouse overs is coming from the 5 Event Objects that you have set up in your scene. They have true actions of Go to Start Time of Event Objects. This is causing a looping action of the demo that creates the freaky mouse over actions.

I changed all of the actions on the event objects to a Pause Demo Action and the demo worked fine after that.