PDA

View Full Version : how to start an msi in an other msi?

jmarch
04-09-2002, 08:12 AM
i'm able to start an other .exe with LaunchAppAndWait but it can't start an .msi

is there are an other command like this one to start an msi project?

Happy Days
04-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Hi,

To run a msi from another msi, I think that you have to run it in the silent mode using the function

LaunchAppAndWait(msiexec.exe,"path to msi -qn",WAIT)

Let me know if this works.......

Thanks.

LewisQ
04-09-2002, 09:19 AM
I suggest loooking at the IS Knowledge Base article Q105706. That should be what you want.

jmarch
04-09-2002, 10:08 AM
i'm triing to do it with the silent mode but i'm not understand how to do it with the launchandwait command.

i'ved tried :

1 - LaunchAppAndWait(msiexec.exe, "U:\\Users\\JM_Hardy\\script\\FINAL\\ddossier\\Destruction des dossiers W2K.msi qn",WAIT);

but the compiler was not able to know the msiexec.exe

2 - LaunchAppAndWait("msiexec.exe", "U:\\Users\\JM_Hardy\\script\\FINAL\\ddossier\\Destruction des dossiers W2K.msi qn",WAIT);

but it said that it was not a bad command

if some one can help me

jmarch
04-09-2002, 10:16 AM
i'ved try to the article but sometime it freeze the installation when i use it or it did not find the files.

is it normal

KathyMorey
04-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Have you tried putting in the full path to msiexec and/or enclosing the path to your msi in quotes, since it has spaces in it?

HTH
Kathy

RobertDickau
04-09-2002, 03:03 PM
For that matter, the "qn" option needs either a slash or hyphen in front of it.

jmarch
04-11-2002, 10:50 AM
i realy don't know how to use it

can someone help me

here my command :

LaunchAppAndWait(msiexec /i "U:\\Users\\JM_Hardy\\script\\FINAL\\ddossier\\Destruction des dossiers W2K.msi", "",WAIT);

KathyMorey
04-11-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by jmarch
i realy don't know how to use it

can someone help me

here my command :

LaunchAppAndWait(msiexec /i "U:\\Users\\JM_Hardy\\script\\FINAL\\ddossier\\Destruction des dossiers W2K.msi", "",WAIT);

Try:
szPath = "U:\\Users\\JM_Hardy\\script\\FINAL\\ddossier\\Destruction des dossiers W2K.msi";
LongPathToQuote(szPath, TRUE);
szPath = "/i " + szPath;
LaunchAppAndWait(WINSYSIDR ^ "msiexec.exe", szPath, WAIT);

HTH
Kathy
Kathy