PDA

View Full Version : Transparent Control or Background Color

dselkirk
04-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Does anyone know how to set controls to be transparent. I would even settle for being able to change there background colors. A couple of posts briefly mentioned about the possibility of using an API call to do it. I even attempted to use a resource editor to set the transparent attribute but it still wouldn't work. The only thing which did work was by using control ID's 50 and 51. This isn't a practicle solution though becuase you can't assign them to every control and expect it to work. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

moonsea
04-09-2002, 01:05 AM
What type of controls is it you want to have transparent?
With InstallDialogue I know you can set the background color for static text and editable text controls. I am not sure of transparent is possible with current version, but that could possible be implemented if you need it.

dselkirk
04-09-2002, 06:01 AM
Radio button, checkbox, static text. I've created some custom forms with a white graphic as the background but installshield always defaults there background colors to grey. All I really need to do is change that color to white.

moonsea
04-09-2002, 10:25 AM
I'll have a look at it.
What version of IS are you using and what type of project is this?
standard or basic?

dselkirk
04-09-2002, 10:33 AM
IS7Dev 7.0x
Standard Project.

moonsea
04-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Good, I will look into if it is possible to do this for check boxes and radio buttons later tonight or tomorrow morning. I will let you know on the progress.

dselkirk
04-09-2002, 12:16 PM
Thank you for your help.

moonsea
04-10-2002, 05:53 AM
it was possible to implement this for radio buttons and check buttons as well.
A new version of InstallDialogue that supports this will be uploaded later today. I will send a message when it has been done.

moonsea
04-10-2002, 02:32 PM
Now there is a new version of InstallDialogue available for download that supports changing the color as you want to.

Please have a look at http://moonsea.com and download the software from there.

You can email support@moonsea.com anytime to get help in achieving results with InstallDialogue.

moonsea
04-10-2002, 03:05 PM
IdSetCtrlColor is the function to use for setting the color.