PDA

View Full Version : Installshield vs...EzInstallware...

yahoouser
04-08-2002, 06:00 PM
Hi,

In my decision to determine which software to buy, I have decided to download both Installshield Express and EzInstallware.

I have found that EzInstallware is an excellent piece of software. Have any of you downloaded EzInstallware(www.ezinstallware.com)?

I'm looking for some honest feedback.

Help appreciated!

Yahoooo....

Padorak
04-17-2002, 02:30 PM
YahooUser, did you ever determine which one was better? If so, fill the rest of us in!

yahoouser
04-17-2002, 10:09 PM
Lori,

I have decided to buy ezinstallware because it has everything I wanted, and I will get all upgrades for FREE. Actually, anyone who orders, will get free upgrades for all future versions of EzInstallware.

Microtek has lowered the price from $177 to $49. And, according to the email that I received, from their excellent support staff, the price will be raised back up to the original $177 cost.

If I were you, I would order the software. There's a no condition money back guarantee on the software. But, with all future upgrades for FREE I don't think that will be asking for any refunds(smiling).

I'm telling all my friends about EzInstallware.

If you don't know the address, you go to ezinstallware.com

Yahoouser

Padorak
04-18-2002, 08:08 AM
Yahoouser,

Enjoy your new software, but be careful. There are no usenet groups for EzInstallware, no other comments on it anywhere that I could find and the only thing I was able to find about it on the net at all was on the EzInstallware website.

It may well be a great package, but since there are no 3rd party reviews it's hard to tell. And if the company does not survive, there won't be any upgrades. Of course, for now it does only cost $49, so if you work for a small company, it might be worth the risk.

Thanks for the information and best of luck!

yahoouser
04-20-2002, 02:29 PM
Lori,

I emailed ezinstallware about your concerns. I just recieved an email from one of the support members. He was telling me that when Microtek developed this software they wanted to keep the software simple, easy, and fun.

They didn't want to get complicated and start having alot of overhead.

Also, the software is going back up to $177 pretty soon. The $49 was just a small test.

The day that they announced the $49 deal, they were bombarded with sales so they just told me that they were going to go back up to $177 to ease the amount of sales that they get.

They plan on being in business for a long time.

Thanks for the warning though.

Yahoo....