PDA

View Full Version : uninstalling Developer kills my machine

tdarci
04-08-2002, 09:16 AM
Hello All-
I've been evaluating InstallShield Developer 7 for the past couple of weeks (along with IS Pro, IS Express, and the Wise products). We decided not to go with Developer, and I attempted to uninstall it. Unfortunately, uninstalling Developer 7 is killing my machine. I have a Windows XP machine... when I uninstall Developer, I notice that: Internet Explorer crashes *constantly*... and the Windows Help system is totally wacked out. There may be other symptoms as well. When I reinstall Developer, the problems go away.

So, now I have a copy of the eval for Developer that I want OFF my machine, but I fear doing so. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Tom

Prince
04-08-2002, 11:52 AM
You can try launching the setup.exe of ISD 7 Eval version. On launching it second time, setup would take you in maintenance mode. Now you can select uninstall from this maintenance dialog box and then it would uninstall ISD 7.

I hope this help !!

tdarci
04-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Let me clarify... InstallShield Developer uninstalls successfully... its just that the uninstall then leaves my system all screwed-up.

But, thanks to the nifty "System Restore" feature of Win XP, I just restored my system to its pre-ISDev7 state. Looks good so far...

-Tom

Originally posted by tdarci
when I uninstall Developer, I notice that: Internet Explorer crashes *constantly*... and the Windows Help system is totally wacked out.