PDA

View Full Version : ShortCut Problem

AgRichard
04-05-2002, 12:37 AM
Heres my delima....

Eg.
Have two Fetures A) and B) with One ShortCut C) that is linked to B).

Therefore If you select a Custom Install and only select A) you won't get the shortcut, becuase you did not select B)...

But what I want to achieve is this:-

Shortcut C) is linked to B) but executes files belonging to A). Therefore inorder to get the shorcut to appear you need to select both A) and B)..

Truth Table
Selected A) not B) = shortcut not installed
Slected B) not A) = shortcut not installed
Slected B) and A) = shortcut installed
Did not Slect B) or A) = shortcut not installed

I can't figure out how to do this..............could be slapping me in the face
Please help me out...

Thanks in Advance.....

Prince
04-05-2002, 05:41 AM
Hello,

You can not do this through IDE. If you are using standard type project then you can use FeatureIsItemSelected function to check that which function has selected. After checking that both feature has been selected, you can use AddFolderIcon script function to create shortcut as per your requirement.

Hope this helps !!

Bloomerville
04-05-2002, 01:41 PM
You should be able to do this by doing the following. When you create a shortcut, this is tied to a component. A component can be conditionally installed based upon the features select. The condition would be (&FeatureA=3) AND (&FeatureB=3). This means the component will be installed when the feature state of both components is set to be installed. Also, a component does not have to contain files (may receive warning, but not error) to be installed. This has worked for myself many times.

AgRichard
04-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the replies

I prefer the Conditional install option, as this is what I thought could be done......

However I am a bit unfamiliar with the syntax....??

(&FeatureA=3) AND (&FeatureB=3).

Is this how I specify "features" ? i.e. if I had two features called
Apple
Cow

Would the Syntax be as such,
(&FeatureApple=3) AND (&FeatureCow=3).

And does the number "3" mean selected....??

Where can I find, what data the Conditional Builder will accept...
Features, INSTALLDIR
Values etc.. etc...