PDA

View Full Version : Check box

jmarch
04-03-2002, 02:58 PM
I want to put two check box in a dialog.
At the initiation, one of them have to be checked and the other have to be unchecked.
how could i do this?

LewisQ
04-03-2002, 03:15 PM
Look into the help file for AskOptions(). It will do what you want.

luke_s
04-03-2002, 07:43 PM
would it be better to use a radion button box instead?

Bloomerville
04-04-2002, 07:29 AM
If you are using a basic msi install, then you can do the following. Add the checkboxes to the dialog that you want. When you add the checkbox you will need to enter a property name. You should probably enter the property name with all CAPS so that it is a public property. You should still be in the dialog section. For each check box set a value for the checkbox. (should be third from bottom in design view), for example Box 1 (100), Box 2 (200). After setting the value for each, go to the Property table and find the name of the checkbox properties. Enter the value(100 or 200) for the property that you would like to be checked by default.

In conclusion, if your properties were Box 1 and Box 2. In the property table Box 1 will have a value of 100 (checked by default) and Box 2's value will be 0. Remember, you will only see the box checked when you run or test your installer package.

jmarch
04-04-2002, 09:45 AM
I'ved try to put the value at 0 for the box1 and 200 for the box2 in the property table but when I test it, it still both cheked.

I'ved try the askOption script but i don't know where I have to put that script.

What i realy want to do is, at first of my basic MSI install, there is two check box for two different installation. One of them are the main installation and the other is optionel because if the enduser want to install it, he just have to checked the second check box.

thanks for the help.

qiaoli
04-04-2002, 10:37 AM
If you are using basic msi, you can delete the property refer to the checkbox which is default unchecked. Don't worry, it'll work fine. Detail in InstallShield KB: Q103219.

qiaoli
04-04-2002, 10:44 AM
What I mean is you can delete the property from property manager, but keep the property and its value in the check box control. Sorry for any confusion.

jmarch
04-04-2002, 01:16 PM
thanks everybody to your precious help