PDA

View Full Version : HELP files not copied to the right place

the_grip
04-03-2002, 12:12 PM
We have a product that uses a custom install dialog for the user to select where to install this product, as well as some other options.

For example, the product default directory is D:\LIS\

In that directory, a folder called AGMTDATASHEET is created, and there are numerous folders inside it. In Installshield 7, i've created a standard project, and under the files section created the directory structure and put the files in there proper place (linking them to the appropriate features). All the features point to the [_AGMTDATASHEET_] directory identifier and their appropriate subdirectory. Many of these are randomly copying files to C:\AGMTDATASHEET\... rather than D:\LIS\AGMTDATASHEET\..., even though all the files have essentially the same settings. Nothing is done to change the features in the script portion, except to set the target of the [_AGMTDATASHEET_] directory.

Why are some files installed correctly, while others go to C:\AGMTDATASHEET\...? Any help is apprecitated.

Prince
04-03-2002, 12:24 PM
Check the destination for the components for which the files are copying to C:\AGMTDATASHEET\ directory. Make sure that these destination are pointing to correct target means C:\LIS\AGMTDATASHEET\

the_grip
04-03-2002, 12:40 PM
Not sure where i should check this... the thing is, some folders are copied correctly, but the files are copied to the errant directory... but it seems to be random

i looked in the advanced components view, and the destination of one errant component says [_AGMTDATASHEET_]FOP\DOCS\HTML-DOCS, which i think should be right

Prince
04-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Can you send me your project ism file so that I can check it that where exactly is the problem.