PDA

View Full Version : Set the REINSTALLMODE property when creating a patch

dubem1
04-03-2002, 10:44 AM
Hello,

Is there a way, when building a patch with the Patch Creation Wizard, to set the REINSTALLMODE property to something else than is default value?

The patch creation wizard creates a patch package(.msp) but because it's from a standard projet, the patch creation wizard creates a patch launcher (update.exe) and I can't unselect this option. If I could just build the .mps, maybe I could build by myself the patch laucher like that

msiexec /p <path to .msp file> REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=oms

Notice I want the REINSTALLMODE to be "oms" instead of "omus", the default value

Any idea???
Thank you

dubem1
04-03-2002, 11:50 AM
When I open the .pcp file with notepad, I can see

REINSTALLMODE=omus

Is there a way to change this to REINSTALLMODE=oms

????

please help or confirm this is a bug

Thank you

Martin

Andy C.
04-20-2002, 11:00 PM
You can re-open the .PCP file with InstallShield Developer, then change the REINSTALLMODE property from the Property table and then save the file.

Next you can rebuild the patch either using the wizard again and choose to open the .PCP file. However, I have only been able to do this once as the Next button of the wizard doesn't seem to work on the step where you choose a previous .MSI file. One way to get around this problem is to use the CreatePatch method of InstallShield automation to generate the patch. For more info, please see knowledge base article #Q105418 (HOWTO: Building a Patch From the Command Line).