PDA

View Full Version : I exported Demo Text, but don't want to use a DAT file anymore

J Cummings
04-03-2002, 08:58 AM
I was playing around with the export of Demo Text in a large project in order to print all the text from the Demo. I realized that this isn't the purpose of the export, so I don't want to use this feature. However, now when I use the Distribution Wizard to create a singe executable file, I am prompted to find the DAT file and it fails if I don't. I don't want to use a DAT file. Is there a way to return my project to the original setting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

KimberlyH
04-08-2002, 09:15 AM
To remove the .dat file association with your demo you can do one of the following:

First, delete the .dsj file that is created when you save your demo.

Next, go into the Resource Manager and import the .dat file into the Files tab.

Close out of the Resource Manager, then reopen it.

Remove the .dat file from the Files tab.

Close out of the Resource Manager and then save the demo.

OR

Delete the .dsj file that is created when you save your demo.

Perform a Save As of the demo and save it under a different filename.

I hope this helps.

J Cummings
05-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Neither of these methods worked. I'm sure I performed all of the steps. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jcummings

KimberlyH
05-21-2002, 09:53 AM
Try doing the following:

Import the .dat file associated with your demo into the Files tab of the Resource Manager.

Delete the .dsj file for your demo.

Perform a Save As of the demo and save it under a different filename (This is an important step. The .dat file created is associated with the filename of the demo).

Open this new demo file in the DemoShield Designer.

Remove the .dat file from the Resource Manager.

Resave your demo.

Try building a new distribution.

I hope this helps.

J Cummings
05-21-2002, 10:02 AM
I tried this and this doesn work either. When I first compile, it seems OK, but this is because the dat file is still located in the same place. When I delete the dat file to check to make sure the association is gone, and then recompile, I am still prompted to find the DAT file. If I don't find it, the complilation fails.

KimberlyH
05-21-2002, 10:13 AM
Would it be possible for you to send me the file. If the file is under 2 megs in size you can zip it up and post it to this community. Otherwise, you can upload it to our ftp server at:

ftp://ftp.installshield.com/incoming

Username: anonymous
Password: your email address

Once the file has been uploaded, please post a message letting me know the file is available and the filename.

I look forward to hearing from you.