PDA

View Full Version : DemoX problems

Bill H
04-01-2002, 08:43 PM
I am using Demoshield Version 6.00

I created a distribution using DemoX and loaded it to my website. Internet Explorer loads and runs the demo without problems.

Opera, however, tells me that I need a plugin. But the "Get plugin" button on the message box is disabled.

Below the space allocated for the demo is a link purportedly for the purpose of getting the plugin. The link is <href="ftp://ftp.installshield.com/demoshield/Ver60/plugin/demoxplug.exe">
When I click on the I get a "file not found" error.

Anybody?

Also, the wizard created this:
<PARAM NAME="DBD" VALUE="http://www.sonora-sw.com/demo1//rmsdemo.dbx">
Note the double slash before the filename. That looked wierd to me, so I singled the slash, but it doesn't seem to have affected anything.

KimberlyH
04-02-2002, 10:02 AM
You can use the same plugin for Opera that is used for Netscape.

The path to the demoxplug.exe is an older path that was used when the DemoShield 6.0 version was first released. The demoxplug.exe is created with your DemoX distribution. To ensure the file is found and that the correct version is being used, it would be best to direct the path to the file on your server.

The double slash that appears before the filename is most likely a result of the path that is entered into the Web Server URL field when running through the Distribution Wizard. You do not need to add a slash at the end of the path.

Also, you mention that you are using DemoShield 6.00. I would recommend making sure you have the latest update for that version. You can download the latest maintenance release for DemoShield 6.0 from the following URL:

www.installshield.com/downloads (http://)

The latest update for DemoShield 6.0 can be updated to version 6.03

All the best,

Bill H
04-02-2002, 12:43 PM
Thanks for your helpful reply.

There's actually a couple of errors in this question, and I wasn't all that clear about that.

Your post answers one of them; the link under the area allocated for the demo. I will revise the path as you suggest.

Demoshield Knowledge Base articles make reference to a "car" file being needed, but the created files do not include that file. (Demoxplug.exe is there.)

What about the "Get plugin" button being disabled, though? That one is in a dialog that pops up when the viewer clicks on the area allocated for the demo. The dialog says that a plugin is required and something about the application not saying which one was needed. Maybe that's unique to Opera?