PDA

View Full Version : playing a smv in a single executable

jwsnlutz
03-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Is it possible to create a single executable using demoshield 6.7 and get a streaming video clip to run in it ?
I create the streaming video object and use the token <path> so it will play in any directory on the target machine but the single executable does not seem to play it. If I create a browser CD and use the \bin folder or where ever demo32 is located to play the *.mpg file then it runs fine. My ultimate goal is to create a package for the web using the PFTW wizard and include a video clip in it.. The Package for the Web is also very confusing when trying to install and unpack a package that contains a Mpg video clip. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
JWS

Shawna
03-28-2002, 12:26 PM
JWS,

Make sure that you have the MPEG imported into the demo, and then instead of the <path> tokens, use the <temp> tokens. When the single exe unpacks, it loads the demo and all resources to the user's Temp directory, so the <temp> tokens should work for you.

As far as using PackageForTheWeb, is there a reason that you don't want to use the Single Executable option in the Distribution Wizard? This will wrap up everything for you quite easily.