PDA

View Full Version : DemoShield 7.01 glitches

Debra Garrison
03-25-2002, 02:14 PM
I have a number of glitches in my DemoShield 7.01 which technical support seems unable to resolve for me. Hopefully someone out there has had similar glitches and has developed workarounds!!!

1. System greatly slows down with more than 5-6 bitmap buttons in a scene.

2. Some scenes do not perform actions on group objects properly.
a. Clicking on one button causes it to perform the actions assigned to a different button object.
b. Clicking on one button disables fields, but does not hide graphic objects.
c. Some hotspot objects pop-up the wrong text.

In all of these scenes, the actions are assigned correctly (double, triple, and quadruple checked) but do not perform appropriately.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thanks!

KimberlyH
03-25-2002, 03:46 PM
To help me understand the issues you are experiencing I will need some additional information.

What operating system are you working on?

Have you tested your demo on multiple systems? If so, what operating systems?

Do you have any Objects overlapping in the scenes of your demo?

Are you using True Color graphics in your demo? If so, you may want to consider reducing them to 256 color or lower.

Have you performed a Check on the Resource Manager to remove any resources that are not being used in the demo?

What type of actions are you applying to the Group Objects?

What actions are not being performed? What is the Group Object supposed to do and what does it actually do?

Would it be possible for you to send the demo file so I can see how the demo is set up and test this issue further? If so, you can either zip up the file and post it to this community or upload it to our ftp server at: ftp://ftp.installshield.com/incoming

Username: anonymous
Password: your email address

Once you have uploaded the file, please post a message letting me know it is available and the name of the file.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Debra Garrison
03-25-2002, 04:03 PM
Kim, thank you so much for your rapid reply. Here is the further information you requested:

1. I am running under Windows 2000 professional.

2. I have not tested these demos on other systems, because I only have one system for development (I test finished demos on Win 2000 Pro, Win NT 4.0, and Win 98).

3. I do have a lot of overlapping objects (mostly graphic objects), but my bitmap buttons are "on top" of a graphic object.

4. I am using True Color graphics in my demos. I will certainly try them at 256 colors, however, I will then need to use my Win 98 machine for development. Does DemoShield 7.01 run under Win 98 alright?

5. I have used the Resource Manger to remove all resources not being used in my demo.

6. The specific button objects with associated group objects are performing actions whereby clicking the button shows and enables a group or hides and disables a group.

7. The buttons all seem to work fine with the show and enable action, but when I click on the close button (that I created) to hide and disable, the graphic, button, and hot spot objects in the group stay shown on the screen, however, the interactive objects are disabled.

8. I cannot use FTP sites due to our firewall restrictions and I don't want to post it here because of propriatary data. Can I attach it to an email directly to you?

Thank you for all your help, Kim!

KimberlyH
03-25-2002, 04:24 PM
Thank you for the additional information. If you do not want to post the demo on this site, you can either upload the demo to a location on your server, then send me a private message letting me know the location of the file. To send a private message simply click on one of the links for my name under the main page of the DemoShield Community. Then select the Send a Private Message link.

Or you can email me a copy of the demo file to support@demoshield.com and put the words "Online Community Posting" in the subject heading and address the email to Kim Haffey.

I hope this helps.