PDA

View Full Version : Volume control on Streaming Objects?

Rick R.
03-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Greetings.

I understand that now there is no apparent volume control mechanism in 7.x for video or audio resources. I also understand there may be a possibility of one if I were doing a Demox app, but is there any future possibility of this control? I use all the streaming object functions a bunch, but sometimes I hear back the volume on some PCs is louder than others, and so they have to scramble for the volume control on the task bar. Just wondering. Also, I used to be able to keep up with elapsed time on a video by just slowly using a bar with adjusted life times, but now, since users can pause,rew, and ffw these resources, it isn't apparent how to keep up with this elapsed time situation...any thoughts appreciated.

Rick

KimberlyH
03-25-2002, 03:37 PM
DemoShield does not have the ability to control the sound on the user's system. The sound is controlled by the user's settings.

As for the elapsed time, if you want particular actions to occur before or after a Streaming Media Object, you can use the Before and After events found under the Actions tab of the Streaming Media Object. For example, if you want your demo to go to another scene when the Streaming Media Object has finished, you can assign a Go To Scene action under the After event.

I hope this helps.