PDA

View Full Version : Product does'nt Unintall on Professional2K but Uninstalls Properly on WIN98

krish_great
03-14-2002, 07:58 AM
My Setup for SQL SERVER-VISUAL BASIC has been created successfully on Windows98 machine.
It also gets installed and works properly on both machines
Windows Professional 2000 and Windows 98

Problem
1] This Product can be Uninstall on Win 98 but not getting Uninstall on Professional,even from Add-Remove Program.
It gets Restart after giving Restart message but stiil doesn't uninstall and works properly
2] If setup is created on Windows Professional 2000 it gets installed on Professional 2000 but NOT on Windows 98

Chandima
03-14-2002, 08:51 AM
I think your setup MIGHT be distributing some OS specific files. Could you log the uninstall on one of the machines? Once the product is installed from the command line enter the following and select "Remove":

Setup.exe /v"/lv C:\UninstallLog.txt"

Are you running any Custom Actions in the uninstall sequence. If so it's possible that one of them is returning a value that's asking the Installer to cancel the uninstall.

krish_great
03-18-2002, 12:32 AM
thanks for u r replay,

i had setted all system files as perment so none of the system file will be uninstall,even i had seen that on win2k machine the installation dosn't get resumed after setup installes mdac 2.6 & restartes it self.

i m so much :confused: so please send me replay as soon as possible