PDA

View Full Version : Demo User printing a text box

swawa3@cox.net
03-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Greetings,

What is the best/easiest way for a user of a demo to print the text featured in a text box.

I have read the help files and it is clear as mud.

I have a text box that appears with a "mouse on" action. I would like the user to be able to print that out.

-Steve

k_e_moeller
03-12-2002, 11:05 AM
1. download and install SWBCAP.exe, a screen capture freebie from Software With Brains. Will be an icon on the desktop.
2. run DS up to the display of the text.
3. minimize the DS screen
4. doubleclick swbcap.exe, will launch a tiny floating window.
5. maximize the DS screen
6. drag and drop the swbcap.exe floater over the text
7 minimize DS
8 launch MS Paint
9 Paste the swbcap.exe contents into Paint
10 use the Paint capture window to lasso and copy the text area
11 create a new Paint document
12 paste the text in the new Paint doc
13 print the paint document

km

KimberlyH
03-12-2002, 11:37 AM
I would recommend creating a .txt or .rtf file of the text in the Text Object.

Once the .txt/.rtf file is created, import this into the Files tab of the Resource Manager.

After the .txt/.rtf file has been imported into the Resource Manager, you can use a Send To action to send the .txt file to the Printer.

NOTE: DemoShield often uses WordPad to send documents to the Printer. Therefore, I would recommend creating your .txt/.rtf file in WordPad to ensure the file will print properly.

I hope this helps.

swawa3@cox.net
03-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Thanks Kim,

It's hard to believe that is the best way and that it has needs to depend on Wordpad...wheew.

This product... getting harder to recommend... :(

But, I haven't finished working with it yet. In the end it may be fine for creating a proto-type and sticking with Director is the way to go for even routine funtionality.

Thanks for your help. I'll be needing more in the future, I'm sure.

-Steve

swawa3@cox.net
03-12-2002, 01:23 PM
Gee Kim,

My Resource Manager doesn't import RTF files... do I have the wrong version or am I doing something wrong?

-Steve