PDA

View Full Version : Demo Security

Sap support
03-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Hi,

We are trying to implement some type of security within a demo that will stop a user from printing test results more than X times.

We have set a global variable to count the number of prints made (saving it to the DEMO.INI file) and have an event that checks the number of prints made in the first scene of the demo, if the number of available prints is exceeded the demo goes to a scene telling the user that.

The problem is if a user runs the progam on a different computer the DEMO.INI is created again with a zero number of prints.

Thanks, SAP Support

KimberlyH
03-12-2002, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately, DemoShield does not have the ability to transfer the .ini file from one system to another. This is similar to evaluation software that times out after a particular span of time. If the software is installed on a different operating system the evaluation period would start from the beginning.

I apologize for any difficulties this may cause.

All the best,

Sap support
03-12-2002, 05:31 PM
Is there anyway to clear a scene variable each time a certain scene is accessed, keeping in mind that I need to permamntly save the global variable that counts the number of prints made?

Thanks

KimberlyH
03-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Yes, you can clear a scene variable each time a certain scene is accessed. Depending on what version of DemoShield you are using, a Set Variable action (in version 6.7 and earlier) or a Perform Calculation action (in version 7.0x) can be used to set the value of the variable back to zero. Simply specify the scene on which the variable resides and then set the value to a constant of 0.

I hope this helps.