PDA

View Full Version : blackout demo

glennchung
03-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Hi

I have a 50-scene, 10sec/scene demo. Each scene has 1 to 2 images at about 50-60KB in file size. Whenever the demo reaches to about two-thirds of it, it would only give me black boxes over the image and text area. The demo would go on till the end but there will only be black boxes. (I tried CD browser output and single EXE output) Can anyone give me any idea about what's going on?

Urgent! I need to send this out today! Thanks!!

Glenn

Shawna
03-11-2002, 12:19 PM
Glenn,

The only reason I can image that this is happening is if you happened to Import by Reference those images that are coming up as black boxes. However, this would not explain the boxes over the text.

What version of DemoShield are you using? Also, can you attach your demo so that I can take a look at it?

I look forward to hearing from you.

glennchung
03-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Hi Shawna

Thank you for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

I am using v6.7. This problem doesn't happen on my P4 but on 2 of my Pentium 3 machines. But if I can't even run it on a P3 machine, I will have a hard time sending it out to my clients.

Attached is the zip (dbd) file. Hope it helps.

Thanks alot!!!

Glenn

Shawna
03-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Glenn,

It looks like the file didn't get attached. Please resend. Thanks!

Shawna
03-11-2002, 02:03 PM
Glenn,

In looking into this further, I found some additional information.

In version 6.70 there was a memory leak issue when using GIF images. This memory leak was causing images to show as black boxes.

If you are using GIF files, make sure that you have the 6.71 maintainence release. If you don't have this you can download it from www.installshield.com/downloads/

I hope this helps.

glennchung
03-11-2002, 02:09 PM
Hi Shawna

I will try to download the release and see if it works.

Here's the file again.

Glenn

glennchung
03-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Hi Shawna

There doesn't seem to be a file in my last reply. I browsed and picked the zip file and clicked submit, it doesn't go thru. It's 6MB. I just saw that the max size is 2MB. Is there any other place, an email acct or something, that I can send it to you?
Thanks

I have submitted a request for the release already.

Glenn

Shawna
03-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Glenn,

I do have an ftp site that you can upload it to, but it would be a waste of your time to put it there if the 6.71 release will fix your issue.

I would say to install the release and save your demo under 6.71 and see if this corrects the issue.

If it does not, I will send you an ftp site to upload your demo to so I can look at it.

glennchung
03-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Thanks Shawna

It works!

Thanks alot! You have been great! Quick to come up with the solution!

Glenn