PDA

View Full Version : which color is recommended

jwsnlutz
03-09-2002, 05:53 PM
I am making some generic demo's and would like to know what you recommend, for the best display color variable.
I use 1024x768 with True Color 16 or 32 bit. But should I use the 256 color variable instead. I dont want to run into users computers that wont support the true color, but would like to make the best looking demo as well. Is there a way to check for the color and the change it?

Thanks
:confused:

Shawna
03-11-2002, 10:27 AM
I recommend using 256 color graphics because if you are using True Color images this will inflate the size of your demo very quickly and can cause the demo to load slowly and therefore not give you the quality playback you would want.

When I make demos, I usually capture my images in True Color because that is what my monitor is set at, and then reduce the color to 256 in PaintShop Pro (my graphics editor of choice). I have never had any problems with loss of quality using this method and my demos are much smaller in size than if I had used the True Color graphics.

jwsnlutz
03-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Thank You Shawna:
I use Microsoft Image Compoer and think I can do the same with saving for the web as my option, it mkaes the images alot smaller and there is no lose of quality.

JWSnlutz