PDA

View Full Version : Forum Usage

AdminJH
10-05-2001, 11:07 AM
Usage: General, non-product or service specific feedback related to the InstallShield Community site belongs here. Don't like something you see or what something you don't see? Then do something about it and tell us! Give us the opportunity to give you what you want.

Thanks...JeffH

skanedw
10-19-2001, 09:05 AM
I recently was notified the InstallShield Professional 6.31 release was available from the InstallShield download site. So, I attempted to download the upgrade and found there was a problem. Because it was a problem that all InstallShield customers may encounter I sent a feedback from the download site. The response I received explained that because I was an IBM employee I should go through the IBM channel. Hey, I was just trying to help out InstallShield so that other customers would get the level of service they expect. Bottom line, the feedback communication process broke down. I did get the upgrade but from our internal download site.

AdminJH
10-19-2001, 09:57 AM
...and I would like to have the feedback you tried to share, since I am in the position to share it in someone's face here ;)

Thanks for the FYI...JeffH

skanedw
11-08-2001, 03:53 PM
Jeff, I just saw your response to my posting and it so happens I have the e-mail that was returned to me. Please use the attached unedited txt file in good health. Dan

Is the attachment function working? I do not see the attachment in my posting or is only the moderator allowed to see it? Dan

AdminJH
11-08-2001, 07:10 PM
Was it over 2mb? If so, it was rejected.

skanedw
11-09-2001, 02:32 PM
Jeff, Here is the file attachment again. It is only a 2K txt file. Dan...

I do not see it posting in the reply. Jeff can you test and let me know? Thx...Dan

AdminJH
11-09-2001, 03:29 PM
...your particular support experience was already a topic of discussion here. We are actually going to be embarking on a project to change our service model completely, moving from phone and e-mail to web, using Siebel eService/eMail Response.

We have had similar process breakdowns to the one you experienced, and are working to correct the processes and implement a new system for an overall better, more responsive Product Support Services group.

I'm very sorry for the trouble you experienced, and again thanks for the correspondence on this.

JeffH

KellyF
11-09-2001, 09:39 PM
skanedw,

I just wanted to let you know that we did receive the attachment, and will be talking with the individual. However, I did pull this attachment because it contained some of your personal registration information.

Kelly