PDA

View Full Version : Language Packs

eposty
02-27-2002, 12:14 PM
Once I get the okay from my company, I will be using the latest DemoShield to create demo installations and process for our install.

I was told that I might have the need to create this demol in Japanese and Korean as well as English.

Would getting the Langauge Pack - East work with DemoShield 7.0x?

http://www.installshield.com/isd/info/language_packs.asp

Shawna
02-27-2002, 12:40 PM
The language packs for other InstallShield products with not work with DemoShield. But you can localize your demo to 30 different languages, including Japanese and Korean.

From the DemoShield Designer, you can go to the File menu and choose Demo Text | Export. This will create a text file of all Objects in your demo that contain text. The following is a sample of the text file created from a demo having only one Scene with one Text Object that says "Hello".

[Demo.dbd]
ENU=

[ENU.Global]
Caption=
Ok=OK
Cancel=Cancel
Browse=Browse...

[ENU.Launch Application]
Caption=DemoShield Demo
Insert Disk Message=The '%s' application could not be located.
Insert Disk Instructions=Please insert the next disk and press OK to continue.
Browse Message=The '%s' application could not be located.
Browse Instructions=Please browse for the application you want to launch.

[ENU.Empty.Text 1]
Type=2
Data=Hello
Caption=
Tooltip=
Font=Arial
Point Size=10

At the top [Demo.dbd] is the name of the demo and below that ENU= means that the demo is only localized for English. To localize this to French, after the ENU=, add FRA= (each of the 30 languages has a unique 3 letter identifier that can found if you search the help file under "language"). So the beginning of the text file will now look like this:

[Demo.dbd]
ENU=
FRA=

The rest of the information is all of the text that is in the demo that can be localized. For example, at the bottom you will see

[ENU.Empty.Text 1]
Type=2
Data=Hello
Caption=
Tooltip=
Font=Arial
Point Size=10

[ENU.Empty.Text 1] means that this is for English, in the Scene named Empty, and the Object Text 1. Data=Hello is the text that is in the Object. To add an entry for French, you can copy and paste the entry and change the info to look like this:

[FRA.Empty.Text 1]
Type=2
Data=Bonjour
Caption=
Tooltip=
Font=Arial
Point Size=10

You continue like this making an entry for all of the text in all of the languages you like. Save the text file and make sure it is included in the same location as the DemoShield Player (demo32.exe) when you create your distribution and the player will display the different languages based on the setting of the user's system. If you would like the user to choose which language they want to run the demo in, go to the Demo menu and choose Properties. Under the Options tab, check the "Show Language Selection Dialog" box and when the demo is launched a dialog will appear with all of the languages that you have localized your demo for and the user can select which one they want.

All of this information is also located in the Help files in DemoShield. I hope this helps.

eposty
06-12-2002, 09:00 AM
Do I actually have to have that language box come up or can DemoShield determine what the operating systems langauge is??

Shawna
06-12-2002, 03:20 PM
If you have the Show Language Selection Dialog box unchecked, hen DemoShield will detect what language the user's system is running and then run the demo in that language.