PDA

View Full Version : Embedding Fonts: Adobe PFM & PFB

Kyle Palla
02-21-2002, 04:44 PM
I am attempting to embed Adobe fonts. I read the knowledge base article #Q105849. Because both files are required for the font to embed, one must be place in the Font section of the Resource Manager, and the other must be placed in the File section.

I did this with no luck.

I played with compression, and the windows directory options, but nothing seems to work. Powerpoint and other Microsoft programs embed these files automatically with no problem, what is DemoShield doing wrong?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

-KYLE
San Diego

KimberlyH
02-21-2002, 04:58 PM
What operating system are you working on? In order to display Adobe font files through DemoShield the end user will have to be running Windows 2000 or higher, or will have to have a font manager installed on their system.

DemoShield does not embedd fonts, but instead allows you to import them into the Resource Manager to be used as a resource during demo playback. Therefore, the end user's system would have to support the font file being used in order for it to be displayed through DemoShield.

Kyle Palla
02-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the timely reply!

The user test system I am using does not have the Adobe Type Manager installed. But both systems are WinXPpro.

Are there any other factors preventing embedding?

-KYLE