PDA

View Full Version : Installing apps within DemoShield

rpierson777
02-21-2002, 12:08 PM
Hi all...

I am a fairly new user (7.01) I am putting together a CD browser that includes among other things, a tutorial, and a option to install a "lite" version of our software. I intend to deploy all on a single CD.

Everything works and looks well. However, when the user tries to install the lite software, (our software developer used InstallShield ) the setup program executes twice, so they end up with two instances of the InstallShield Wizard running.

I know this is probably addressed somewhere in the documentation, but a quick answer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shawna
02-21-2002, 12:15 PM
What actions do you have assigned to the button that is launching your install? It may be that for some reason there are two Launch Application Actions, therefore the setup is being run twice. If this is the problem, you can just delete one of the actions.

This is the first thing that I would check. If this isn't the problem, you can post the demo here and I will take a look at it to see what I can find.

Look forward to hearing from you.

rpierson777
02-21-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Shawna
It may be that for some reason there are two Launch Application Actions, therefore the setup is being run twice. If this is the problem, you can just delete one of the actions.

DOH!

That was exactly the problem! Thanks very much for your prompt response!