PDA

View Full Version : Background Graphic sizes...?

Mike_Johnson
02-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Been using DS for some time but have always used 640x480 as default size of dbd, including background graphics.

Now I want to be able to allow the user to size the demo however they like. I know about the properties to allow a windowed size, etc, etc. My question relates to the actual graphics.

Right now if I allow resizable, my window and text are resized excellent!,....but the background graphic is still 640x480 and appears small in the upper left corner.

How do I use background graphics that allow the user to resize the demo? Do I import several sizes?

Hmmmmmm...

Thanks,
Mike Johnson

KimberlyH
02-21-2002, 04:43 PM
If you have selected the Resizeable Window option from the Demo Properties you will not be able to resize the demo window larger than the dimensions at which it was created.

However, if you are creating a Full Screen demo (the Windowed Playback Style option is NOT selected), then you can have the graphics resize along with the demo by selecting the Resize Image option from the Fill Styles tab.

I hope this helps.

Mike_Johnson
02-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Kim,

I am not able to get the "Resize image" button in the Fill Styles tab...it it greyed out.

I've attached a sample to show you.

The text and graphics that are "placed" enlarge ok. It is the background image that has the problems.

KimberlyH
02-22-2002, 09:44 AM
I does not appear that your file was attached to the posting.

One other suggestion I would like to mention is to make sure you are selecting the Fill Styles tab of the Scene Properties and not the Demo Properties. The Scene Properties should allow you to select Resize Image. However, the Demo Properties will not.

I hope this helps.