PDA

View Full Version : Animated Scrolling Effect

mdeitch
02-19-2002, 04:08 PM
Dear All
This is a different version of a question I have raised before.

I need to simulate a small spreadsheet screen that is AUTOMATICALLY filled with text. This means that initially the spreadsheet (4 Columns by 15 Rows) would appear. Then Row 1 will be filled followed by Row 2 etc etc upto row 15.

So far I have prepared 16 graphics (in both BMP and GIF format) showing the various stages (i.e Empty, Row 1, Row 1-2, Row 1-3.......Row 1-15).

I have tried the Quick Animation but it is not suitable. Firstly I cannot reference the BMPs ( which is required for resources over 4mb) because I will need to produce a single executable and secondly I cannot use the GIFs because these are not recognised by the Quick Animation Build function.

The only other options I can think of is to create a series of events that would activate the Set Contents function or otherwise create an animated gif using an external application.

Do you have any advice, suggestions or even an example.

Yours
Martin

KimberlyH
02-19-2002, 04:19 PM
Are the bmp graphics over 4 megs in size each or does the Quick Animation not allow you to build the animation because the graphics exceed the 4 meg limit?

If you are unable to build the Quick Animation due to the 4 meg limit, try reducing all of your graphics to 256 colors or less. Then switch your monitor resolution to 256. Then rebuild the animation.

If your monitor is set to True Color when building your Quick Animation, DemoShield will attempt to build it as a True Color graphic. This will increase the file size, often making it larger than 4 megs.

I hope this helps.

mdeitch
02-20-2002, 12:31 PM
Well Kim you've saved the day again.
This is what it looks like
Thanks
Martin