PDA

View Full Version : Multi-styled text

PeterDS
02-15-2002, 11:44 AM
I am working on a cd-rom production with a lot of chemical formules.

I upgraded to Demoshield 7.01 because I can use Mutli-styled text. In a formula are a lot of Supercripts and subscripts.

In word I use Times New Roman with the supper and subscripts.
When I copy a formula in the DemoShield Multi-Style Text box I see this formula exactly as in word. But when I retun to the screen then the formula changes.

eg. Zn² changes to Zn2.

I also tried to save the formulas in an .rtf - file, but this is no solution.
What am I doing wrong?

KimberlyH
02-19-2002, 04:12 PM
I tested this issue in DemoShield 7.01 and was unable to reproduce the issue you describe.

I created some text in Microsoft Word and added subscript and superscript numbers. I then copied and pasted the text into the multi-style text field within a Text Object.

When I close out of the Text Object's Properties, the subscript and superscript remain as is.

Please take a look at the attached demo file.

All the best,

PeterDS
02-20-2002, 05:27 AM
Dear Kim

Your Demo.dbd seems to work, but when I try to copy/paste a formula with super and subscript from Word it still does not work.

I hereby attach a word file with one formula.
just try to copy/paste it into the Multi-Styled text object and you will see what happens.

Kind regards

Peter

KimberlyH
02-20-2002, 04:53 PM
I still was not able to reproduce the issue you describe. I copied the text from the Word document you uploaded and pasted into the Object Styles tab of the Text Object. I then closed out of the Properties and the text appears properly.

Are you selecting any other options from within the Text Object's Properties? Are you changing the font or color?

I am attaching the demo file containing the text you sent.

All the best,

PeterDS
02-21-2002, 04:22 AM
Dear Kim

I hereby attach the demo.dbd file with some variations and of what I get on the screen. I am working in Windows 2000 prof Dutch version.

Can this be the cause of the problems?

Kind regards

Peter

PeterDS
03-07-2002, 11:56 AM
Dear Kim

I solved the problem, by installing DM in Windows '89. There i can copy and paste the formulas.

The only problem is that I normaly work in Windows 2000. How can I solve the problem in Windows 2000??

Kind regards

Peter