PDA

View Full Version : missing merge modules

pstocker
02-15-2002, 03:25 AM
I tried to "create a Vsual FoxPro Application Setup Program Using InstallShield Express" following the walkthrough privided with VFP7.0.

The installation won't work because some files are missing. I guess that's because I cannot select any "objects/merge modules" to be added to the installation. The two folders mentioned in the online help are full of .msm files, but they do not show in the list of merge modules and cannot be selected.

Does someone know what to do in such cases ??

Thanks a lot from Switzerland Peter Stocker

Chandima
02-15-2002, 11:12 AM
This is because the version of Express distributed with VFP7 does not include any merge modules. This is a limited edition and this is one of it's lmitations. You can however download the modules you want from

http://www.installshield.com/downloads/isx/mm/modules.asp?source=support_central&product=cx&xmlUse=

Please note that the Access2000 and Access97 merge modules won't work because you version of Express does not have the DLL files that configure these modules.

AlexB1234
03-08-2002, 06:34 PM
The Fox Pro merge module(s) don't seem to be included in the packaged version of Express 3.x. I did find them in the knowledge base, though. I hope they help.

I searched the Install Shield knowledge base with the words "Fox Pro Merge Module" and found two results: Q105430, and Q105790.

Good luck, Alex