PDA

View Full Version : Launching CD applications

Murray Desnoyer
02-13-2002, 11:56 AM
Using the CD Browser templete I built a MENU selection set to install my application (on CD 1) and an accompanying application (on CD 2). The proceedure is to install the application on CD 2 first then my app on CD 1. Each CD as autorun capabilities. (autorun.inf)

How do I inhibit autorun when I insert a new CD. I want CD 1 to autorun to start my menu system, then when I insert cd 2 not to run and when the app on CD 2 completes to re-insert CD 1 and NOT run autorun?

KimberlyH
02-14-2002, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately, DemoShield does not have the ability to control the autorun function on the user's system. If the function is turned on and the CD has an autorun file, the CD-Rom will automatically launch the application specified.

One suggestion would be to use the Multi-CD option within DemoShield. The Multi-CD option will allow you to distribute your demo and install files on multiple CDs. The first CD will contain your demo and any additional files you would like and the second CD will contain your install. What the Multi-CD function does is, when the first CD is placed in the CD-Rom, DemoShield copies all files in the same directory as the DemoShield Player (demo32.exe) to the user's Temp directory and runs the demo from there. Therefore, the user can remove the CD without disrupting the demo. Then when the insert the second CD a CD Token <CD> can be used to direct DemoShield to the first CD-Rom drive on the user's system to launch the necessary files.

Using this method you can copy all files from the first CD to the user's Temp directory and will not have to worry about re-inserting the first CD after the install has completed from the second CD.

I hope this helps.