PDA

View Full Version : Demo freezing up- help!

baltheim
02-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I have created a demo and once the demo is burned to a cd, the demo is freezing up in different places once the demo runs. I have all of the graphics "imported by reference" which makes the cd faster and has helped with some of the freezing up but it is still happening on some computers. I have used pauses to pause the demo and used a continue demo on different items to continue the demo. It seems to get stuck in between the Event Pauses while the demo is supposed to be playing.

please help asap. thanks

KimberlyH
02-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Here are some suggestions that may help with the demo freezing:

1. Make sure any graphics within the demo are 256 color or less.

2. If there are several resources embedded in the demo, try Importing the by Reference so DemoShield will reference them locally rather than loading them to the Temp directory.

3. If you are using Move Cursor actions and Pause Demo actions in conjunction with each other, try breaking them apart (maybe making several smaller scenes rather than one large scene) to reduce a backup of processes that may occur.

4. Perform a Check on the Resource Manager to ensure any unused resources are removed from the demo. This will help in reducing the file size of the demo.

I hope this helps.