PDA

View Full Version : Set Exxact Position of Pop-up Menu

mdeitch
02-07-2002, 11:01 AM
Is there any way to create a standard TOP-BAR with DROP_DOWN menus similar to any standard windows application (eg Word, Excel, Demoshield etc).

The purpose of course to build a Demo that appears to be a real application. I would like to use the default POP-UP menu in Demoshield as this would be quick and easy. Unfortunately, the default POP-UP MENU command in Demoshield is not suitable because it cannot be posiitioned to a specific location. It "jumps" relatively to the position of mouse.

I am using Demoshield 6.7

Thanks
Martin

KimberlyH
02-07-2002, 02:40 PM
You can create a drop down menu by using an AutoShape Object with HotSpots. In DemoShield 6.7 the DemoShield Quick Tour offers a good example of how to do this.

This is set up by placing a HotSpot over the area where the user should click. Once they click a Show action will display the menu. Is you want additional selections within the drop down menu, HotSpots can be placed over the different options within the menu.

To create the appearance of the user mousing over the various menu options, the Mouse On/ Mouse Off events can be used to Hide and Show a highlighted graphic or text of the menu option.

I hope this helps.

mdeitch
02-07-2002, 02:44 PM
Hi Kim
I have used the technique you suggested many times in the past.
However it is very cumbersome and time consuming.
Does the Pop-up menu in Demoshield 7.0 provide a quicker solution?
Martin

KimberlyH
02-07-2002, 03:15 PM
In DemoShield 7.0 the Pop Up menu will appear relative to the location of the Menu Object on the scene. Therefore, the menu will always appear in the same location everytime.

I hope this helps.